Choosing a Tioman Island Package will take you a lot of time and headache in planning a holiday to Tioman island!
Packages are including accommodation, ferry transport to Tioman Island, activities and etc, so you don’t have to book them separately!
But when it comes to selecting the best package for your travel group, where do you start?
Look no further!
We have done all the hard work for you by analyzing and comparing the various available Tioman Island trip packages!
Find out which packages are the best for honeymooners, students, families and more!
We’ll start off by first reviewing and comparing the 6 resorts on Tioman Island listed in the Tioman Island packages on GoIslands:
Berjaya Tioman Resort is a classic choice because of its proximity to the a nice beach and the lively Tekek village with the largest duty free shop on the island!
The resort provides a 5-minute shuttle service to and from Tekek Jetty.
Besides this, the resort boasts abundant facilities like:
- A gorgeous swimming pool
- An 18-hole golf course
- Tennis courts
- Stand up paddles
- Babysitting services
- Massage and spa services
- And more!
Even though the rooms are not as new as Barat Tioman Beach Resort or Aman Tioman Beach Resort, you can expect more good foods and Tioman Island activities at this village!
Pier (Tioman Island): Alight at Kampung Tekek (Tekek Village)
Affordable prices and a wide selection of different room options attract tourists to this 3-star resort!
If you’re a first-time snorkeler, you will appreciate the fact that they start you off at the resort’s pool before heading for the ocean!
Paya Beach Spa & Dive Resort has the following facilities:
- A swimming pool
- Beach bar
- Pool tables
- Its own duty free shop
- Sun deck
- NEW: Transparent kayaks!
- And others
Pier (Tioman Island): Alight at Kampung Paya (Paya Village).
Sun Beach Resort is another resort with reasonably priced rooms! They even have Malay-style (kampung) chalets you can experience local style living here!
Their budget chalet rooms will save your money if you don’t mind the lack of air-conditioning and hot showers. If you are travelling with a small budget, this resort might suit you the most!
Take that money and spend it on a fantastic snorkeling experience in Tioman Island which includes a visit to the duty-free shop after the snorkeling trip!
After a full day exploring the island, you can relish their buffet and grilled satay!
Pier (Tioman Island): Alight at Kampung Genting (Genting Village).
Read also: Tioman Vs Rawa: Which Island Is The Best For First-Timer From Singapore
Barat Tioman Beach Resort is a tempting choice too with well-maintained rooms in a beach setting surrounded by jungle vegetation!
The resort package includes a free jetty pick up from the nearest jetty, Tekek Village Jetty with 45-minute drive.
Their dining set selections are Western and Chinese Seafood menu instead of buffet style like other Tioman Island resorts.
Just in case you’re wondering, they do have a swimming pool and laundry service too! But massage or spa services are not available here.
Pier (Tioman Island): Alight at Kampung Tekek (Tekek Village) & then it’s a 45-minute drive to the resort.
Aman Tioman Beach Resort is a 4-star resort and is the newest resort in this list!
You’ll love the new, modern and spacious rooms here.
To make up for that, they have snorkeling trips that will take you out to Reggis Island and Coral Island!
After those activities in Tioman Island, you can satisfy your tummy with their substantial range of dining options ranging from Malay, Chinese and Western cuisines!
Pier (Tioman Island): Alight at Kampung Paya (Paya Village).
Read also: 11 Best Beach In Tioman Island
Salang Indah Resort is owned by Muslim and located at the northern tip of Tioman Island!
Even it is the last jetty stop at Tioman Island but it is convenient that the resort has its own mini mart and restaurant.
Rooms are simple and adequate – they do have family chalets too!
But the trade-off is that you will get to enjoy a beautiful beach fringed by jungle in absolute tranquility without breaking the bank!
You don’t have to go far for superb diving conditions too!
Pier (Tioman Island): Alight at Kampung Salang (Salang Village).
Good To Know Before You Choose Tioman Island Packages:
- If having a pleasant beach nearby is your priority, opt for Aman Tioman Beach Resort or Berjaya Tioman Resort.
- The Barat Tioman Beach Resort has a decent beach and set dining menu with average food rating.
- Salang Indah Resort has a good beach for leisure and they serve pork-free food.
- Sun Beach Resort and Paya Beach Spa & Dive Resort have moderate food ratings and beaches too.
- Sun Beach Resort & Salang Indah Resort serve packed lunches.
- Paya Beach Spa & Dive Resort, Aman Tioman Beach Resort or Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort usually have buffet-style dining or the occasional set dinners, it depends on the resort occupancy at the time that you go
- If you need a clinic close by, you should stay at Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort as it is only a short drive to Tekek village where the sole clinic is!
- If you worry about the safety of your little ones (between 1-3 years old), request for rooms that are easy to access! Preferably away from the pool and on the ground floor.
Read also: 17 Best Resort In Tioman Island
In the next section, we will cover the packages offered by GoIslands.
Be aware that all packages do not include:
- Mandatory Marine Park Fee (applicable for Mersing Jetty & Tg. Gemok Jetty)
- Mandatory Johor National Park Fee (only applicable for Mersing Jetty)
- Compulsory tourism tax for non-Malaysians
Although there are no 5D4N Tioman Snorkeling Packages listed on GoIslands, the itinerary is just an additional day (that’s free & easy) to the 4D3N packages.
All of the resorts offer snorkeling trips for 4 days and 3 nights – all of which include accommodation, meals and ferry transport and at least one snorkeling trip.
3D2N Tioman Snorkeling Packages are by far, the most popular packages because it suits a lot of people that they don’t have to apply many leaves to enjoy the trip.
The activities of the packages offered by different resort are similar:
So check out the activities that you wish to experience and the accommodation before you decide which Tioman Island Package to choose!
- 3D2N Aman Tioman Beach Resort Snorkeling Package
- 3D2N The Barat Tioman Beach Resort Snorkeling Package
- 3D2N Tioman Paya Beach Resort Snorkeling Package
- 3D2N Berjaya Tioman Resort Snorkeling Package
- 3D2N Tioman Sun Beach Resort Snorkeling Package
- 3D2N Tioman Salang Indah Resort Snorkeling Package
If you are planning to come at peak season:
Especially during the public holidays like Good Friday, Hari Raya, Wesak Day or Singapore National Day, book 2 months earlier to avoid the packages being sold out!
If you can afford it, it’s best to apply for at least the 3-day packages. Especially during the peak season (i.e. during public holidays and school holidays)!
Otherwise, the vacation will be very rush and you might not have enough time to enjoy your snorkeling holiday!
In fact, most resorts don’t offer 2D1N packages, with the exception of Paya Beach Spa & Dive Resort and Salang Indah Resort.
Aside from snorkeling, there are more specific packages that cater to different travel groups, all depends on what you need!
Just got married? Or want to celebrate your anniversary with your significant other? Or maybe you just want to treat your partner with an amazing birthday surprise?
These honeymoon packages are perfect for couples!
With everyone in your group pitching in, it’s definitely possible to go on an island getaway with these cheaper packages!
Getting a massage on your beach vacation is not a bad idea at all!
Tioman Paya Beach Resort happens to have a package that includes a 1 hour massage session as well as a yoga session by the seaside!
If the flexibility of daily rates appeal to you, you might want to select these free and easy packages:
- Aman Tioman Beach Resort Room And Ferry Package
- The Barat Tioman Beach Resort Room And Ferry Package
- Tioman Salang Indah Resort Room And Ferry Package
- Berjaya Tioman Resort Room And Ferry Package
The free and easy packages are included ferry transfer between the mainland (either Mersing or Tanjung Gemok Jetty) and Tioman Island!
What should you consider before you book a Tioman Island diving package?
Everyone can join snorkeling but not everyone can go for diving before you got the diving certificate!
Make sure you check the following first:
- Diving season is typically between March and October. No diving during monsoon season!
- The best water visibility (15m to 25m) is between the months of March and June and September to November. Average water visibility is 8m to 12m for the other months.
- Diving equipment may not be included.
- The resort may offer you other recreational activities of the same value if the weather is bad.
- Certificate is required for leisure diving package.
- Plan your ferry and resort schedule, you must have enough time to complete the course!
- Night dives is available at leisure diving package upon request (With a surcharge).
- If you need to take a flight after your Tioman Diving trip, you have to wait a minimum of 12 hours after completing a dive. Or 18 hours if you have done multiple dives that day.
- New divers (minimum age of 10 years) can start learning the basics at Paya Beach Resort’s swimming pool.
- Course prerequisites may be tested (e.g. the ability to swim for 200-300m and float for 10 minutes)
Some diving packages come with a PADI Open Water Course. There are beginner and advanced courses.
Water around Tioman Island and its neighbors have an official marine park reserve status and fishing is prohibited within 2 nautical miles of the Tioman coastline.
However, there are full-day private fishing charters for groups of 4 to 12 people that will take you out further to sea.
For your information, fishing activity is available at the following resorts:
- Berjaya Tioman Resort
- Sun Beach Resorts
- The Barat Tioman Beach Resort
- Aman Tioman Beach Resort
Otherwise, you can check out more Tioman Island fishing trips information from Magic Billfish Charters.
Angler enthusiasts have the opportunity to fish for the following species of fish such as:
- Black Marlin
- King Mackerel
Fishing can cost RM 1000 and more per pax, and fishing methods may include game fishing, light jigging and bottom fishing, depending on the target species.
You might be wondering if there are Tioman Island packages that include transport from Singapore to Tioman Island?
The answer is YES! The package includes:
- Pick up service straight from your doorstep in Singapore to either Mersing or Tanjung Gemok Jetty
- The ferry return ticket to Tioman Island
- Tioman Island resort accommodation
- At least one snorkeling trip!
Saving you the trouble and time of booking all of these things by yourself!
Check out the Singapore to Tioman package offer by Goislands now!
Booking with Goislands enables you to travel to Tioman Island from Singapore in comfort and with maximum convenience through a private car transfer service!
- All groups of people looking for a convenient and relaxing trip to Mersing or Tanjung Gemok Jetty
Why You Should Choose Singapore To Tioman Private Car Package:
- All-in-one package comes with transport, ferry ticket to and from Tioman Island, and meals and accommodation at a Tioman Island Resort!
- Choose your own pick-up point and time from Singapore!
- Travel safely and comfortably in a well-maintained car with an experienced driver behind the wheel.
- Enjoy your holiday without the additional stress of driving (e.g. toll fees, traffic, finding an overnight car park, getting lost,etc) or taking public transport!
- Ample space for your travel group members and respective luggage
- Don’t need to queue for public transport
- The service includes immigration crossover from Singapore to Johor – you will not have to exit the car to go through immigration.
- If you book any island package + transport with GoIslands, there will be a complimentary 1-hour “meal stopover” on the way to Mersing from Singapore.
- In addition, during the return trip from Mersing to SG, there will be a complimentary 2-hour “waiting time” (i.e. The driver will wait for you for up to 2 hours) if you would like to go to Johor Bahru for shopping.
Another option is to book Singapore To Tioman Package by Coach operators:
WTS Travel & Tours and Discovery Tours offer coach and ferry tickets from Singapore to and from Tioman Island so you don’t have to buy the ferry tickets separately!
Of course, you won’t need this option if you already have a Tioman Island package that includes ferry tickets to and from Tioman island!
Besides, Discover Tours and KKKL Travel & Tours offer coach and ferry ticket & full Tioman Island package.
Coach Package Suitable For:
- Travellers looking for a more affordable way to travel
- People with some allocated buffer time to allow for delays due to traffic so they don’t miss their ferry!
Pros Of Taking Tioman Coach Package:
- You don’t have to drive!
- Coaches are comfortable – Just take a jacket because the air-conditioning might be very cold!
- Affordable way to travel
Cons Of Taking Tioman Coach Package:
- An early morning bus means you may have to stay overnight at Mersing Jetty or Tanjung Gemok if you miss your ferry!
- You have to arrange your own transport to the coach departure point at inconvenient hours of the morning (The earliest coaches leave at 6:30am).
- Traffic at the Johor-Singapore border will significantly affect the journey duration
KKKL Travel & Tours
Departure Point 1: Kovan Hub (at 6:00am)
Departure Point 2: Bugis MRT Exit D Taxi Stand (at 6:30am)
WTS Travel & Tours
Departure Point: Singapore Flyers (at 6:30am)
Departure Point: Bugis MRT Exit D Tan Quee Lan Street Taxi Stand (at 6:30am)
Read also: How To Go To Tioman Island From Mersing Jetty (Travel Tips & Ferry Ticket Booking Guide Included)
Coming from Johor Bahru, you have the option of taking the bus for the approximately 2-hour journey to Mersing Jetty or Tanjung Gemok Jetty.
However, there are no direct buses to Tanjung Gemok Jetty:
So if your chosen ferry departs from Tanjung Gemok Jetty, you can take a taxi from Mersing Jetty for 35 minutes to Tanjung Gemok Jetty.
Save all the hassle and hire a private car service in addition to a Tioman Island package with GoIslands:
To take you directly from your chosen pick up point and time in Johor Bahru to and from Mersing Jetty or Tanjung Gemok Jetty!
Read also: How To Go To Tioman Island From Tanjung Gemok Jetty (Includes Ferry Operators Review)
Even though the Tioman Island packages do not include the mainland transport of 5+ hours between Kuala Lumpur and Mersing Jetty or Tanjung Gemok Jetty:
You can still directly contact GoIslands through WhatsApp or Facebook and book a private car service for the transfer between Kuala Lumpur and Mersing Jetty or Tanjung Gemok Jetty together with a Tioman Island Package!
Fuss-free and comfortable! You will not regret the choice!
Read also: 7 Ways To Get To Tioman Island (The Complete Guide: Travel Tips, Bus Ticket & Ferry Ticket Guide Included)