Thinking of making a trip to Rawa Island in the east coast of Peninsula Malaysia?
It’s for sure, a more affordable option than the Maldives, Bora-Bora or Italy’s Citta Del Mare!
So what’s the best way to go about planning your island vacation?
In this post, we’ll breakdown all of the available Rawa Island Packages.
And by the end of it, you’ll know which package suits your plans best!
Without further ado:
Even if there are only two resorts on Rawa Island:
Both resorts have their own unique facilities and you’ll find a completely different atmosphere at each of them too!
|Category||Alang’s Rawa Resort||Rawa Island Resort|
|WiFi & TV||No – if you want to get a data plan, go with Maxis||Yes – at the common areas|
|Diving Facilities||No – have to book directly with the dive centre on Rawa Island|
|Family-friendly||Yes – But kids are not allowed to stay on Fridays and Saturdays||Yes|
|Indoor Activities||Just board games and a reading corner||Yes – A kids corner, a piano, library, TV area, foosball & pool table|
|Snorkelling Kit Rental||Free rental||Yes|
|Stand-up Paddle (SUP)||No||Yes|
|Water Slides (only open during high tide)||No – but you can walk over to Rawa Island Resort to use them||Yes – in front of the resort|
|Hiking Trail||No – but you can walk over to Rawa Island Resort||Yes – Island Walk and Hilltop Walk|
Read also: 15 Fun Things To Do In Rawa Island
If you only have the weekend to spare on Rawa Island:
You can go for the 2D1N package by Alang’s Rawa Resort. But you have to contact them personally as their standard packages are for 2 nights!
Rawa Island Resort doesn’t have any 2D1N packages.
However, you can’t really enjoy Rawa Island to its full potential if you just stay for 1 night!
Realistically speaking, an extra night in Rawa Island is worth the effort it takes to get to Rawa Island in the first place!
And once you step foot on the island, you will be glad you are staying for 3 days and not just 2 days!
Both islands offer 3D2N packages!
GoIslands offers the following 3D2N package for Rawa Island Resort:
As for Alang’s Rawa Resort, they do mention packages for 2 nights’ accommodation on their website.
If you have the luxury of staying for another night in Rawa Island, go for it!
An extra day in paradise will allow your mind and body to fully relax and soak up a much needed break!
You’ll need to contact Alang’s Rawa Resort to arrange for longer stays.
But Rawa Island Resort happens to have a 4D3N package too!
If there’s one thing you absolutely must do on Rawa Island, it has to be snorkeling at the house reef in the shallow waters right off the beach!
The packages below give you plenty of opportunity to explore the coral reef from Rawa Island Resort!
Alang’s Rawa Resort offer 3D2N packages based on the room type as well as other factors.
But the packages include meals, accommodation and boat transfers.
Contact them directly if you want to stay longer than 2 days!
|Room Type||Pax Per Room||Weekday Price|
(RM per person)
(RM per person)
|Beach House Room||3||850||990|
|Coconut Tree & Beachfront Room||2||810||N/A|
|Jungle Side Room||2||690||N/A|
|Coconut Tree Group Room||6+ (Weekdays)|
Read also: How To Go To Rawa Island From Changi Airport
In general, water-based activities like jet-skiing or fishing are not allowed in the surrounding waters of Rawa Island.
Rawa Island Resort does not provide snorkeling trips for this very reason!
But with the reef so accessible from the beach on the western side of the island, it’s not even necessary to go for a snorkeling trip away from Rawa Island!
So if you want to snorkel, you can get gear from your chosen resort:
- Rawa Island Resort: Charges RM17 per hour
- Alang’s Rawa Resort: Free for guests’ use
Anyone who has an interest in obtaining a PADI certificate in diving can sign up for a course at the sole 5-star instructor diving Centre, (OrcaNation or Orca Scuba Rawa) on Rawa island.
They have courses for every level including beginners!
And there are around 13 dive sites to explore close to Rawa Island!
But before you make a move to book a diving package:
- Open water courses take around 4 days – Plan your stay and transport accordingly!
- There are age limits to the courses – the youngest they allow is 8-12 years depending on the course
- They do not have a fixed schedule.
- Not recommended for those who cannot swim
- Advanced open water courses are available
- Night dives are possible but limited to those who already have adequate experience
- Diving equipment is provided
- You have to wait a minimum of 12 hours after completing a dive before you can get on a flight. Or 18 hours if you have done multiple dives that day.
Read also: How To Get To Rawa Island From Mersing Jetty
Starting your journey from Singapore?
There are 2 ways to do so besides driving to Mersing Jetty yourself:
Taking a private car service or a coach!
GoIslands offers packages from Singapore to Rawa Island!
Why book everything separately when you can get them altogether?
- Door-to-door service from Singapore to Mersing Jetty
- Round-trip boat transfer from Mersing Jetty to Rawa Island
- Rawa Island Resort accommodation and meals
Since there are no direct flights to Rawa Island from Singapore:
The next best thing is to hire a private car transfer that can pick you up directly from your home in Singapore and on to Mersing Jetty!
- Anyone seeking a convenient and stress-free trip to Mersing Jetty
Why You Should Choose Singapore To Rawa Private Car Package:
- All-inclusive package – Transport including a boat transfer to and from Rawa Island as well as meals and accommodation at Rawa Island Resort!
- Absolute comfort – spacious vehicles
- Customize your pick-up location and time in Singapore
- No worries about having to drive, pay toll fees, get through traffic, queue up and especially, find a parking space in the overnight car park at Mersing Jetty!
- The immigration process is simpler – you don’t even have to leave the car!
- Safety is priority – cars are well-maintained and drivers are reliable and knowledgeable of the route
And if you prefer to take a coach or bus from Singapore to Rawa Island (via Mersing Jetty):
You can consider the following coach/ bus operators:
|Coach/ Bus Operator||Departure Point 1||Departure Point 2|
|WTS Travel & Tours||Singapore Flyers (at 6:30am)||n/a|
|Discovery Tours||Bugis MRT Exit D Tan Quee Lan Street Taxi Stand (at 6:30am)||n/a|
|KKKL Travel & Tours||Kovan Hub (at 6:00am)||Bugis MRT Exit D Taxi Stand (at 6:30am)|
- Budget-conscious travellers
- Travellers with plenty of time to spare in their schedule. This is because traffic delays are all too common!
Pros Of Taking A Coach/ Bus:
- Just sit back and relax.
- Affordable tickets
Cons Of Taking A Coach/ Bus:
- In busy periods (e.g. public holidays), you’ll likely have to stay overnight at Mersing Jetty to avoid missing your ferry!
- Have to get to the coach departure point very early in the morning as coaches typically leave at 6:30am.
- Traffic at the Johor-Singapore causeway will definitely impact the total journey time
Going to Rawa Island from Johor Bahru?
You can take one of the regular direct buses from JB Larkin Terminal to Mersing Bus Terminal. Which is a journey of 2 hours.
From Mersing Bus Terminal, it takes 10-15 minutes to walk to Mersing Jetty.
Or you can opt to hire a private car service through GoIslands if you prefer!
It takes more than 5 hours to get to Mersing Jetty from Kuala Lumpur.
And unfortunately, you cannot take a flight to shorten the journey either!
Read also: How To Go To Rawa Island
For most of the year, Rawa Island is sunny like what you would see in magazine photos!
But there are a few months of the year when the monsoon season hits the island.
So, you might want to find out when the best time to visit Rawa Island is before you book your trip!